Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Star Is Born!


Charlotte discovered The Laurie Berkner band at preschool and has been their biggest fan since then. What began with a few stomps around the house to 'We Are the Dinosaurs' has now moved into playing a ukelele all hours of the day. She recently declared that since she was a serious musician her guitar also needed a strap. Aunt Melissa obliged, fashioning a glitzy piece from some leftover shiny green Christmas ribbon.

Charlotte is available for concerts and covers all Laurie Berkner songs, The Wheels on the Bus, some choice Elizabeth Mitchell and a heartwarming rendition of Silent Night.

3 comments:

  1. Her "papa" commented that she's a left handed strummer like Paul McCartney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when can we book her? i am thinking portland needs to experience this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so happy to see you here!
    I can't wait to help grandma babysit on the 19th! Hopefully Charlotte will have her guitar and can play for me. (although the name below says Doug, this is Liz). I'm trying to fix my account.

    ReplyDelete